In this episode of the Shots Fired Podcast, the hosts dive into the topic of “should cops be responding to mental health crisis calls, and when should they disengage from them?” They “phone a friend” and call Scott Savage from the Savage Training Group for an expert opinion. Are cops liable if they disengage and walk away? What is the best way to handle a non-criminal barricade? Watch the video to find out.
- What Most Cops Don’t Understand About Being Involved in a Shooting: Insights from our Patrol Survival Tactics instructors
- A Way Forward Podcast: Savage Training Group’s Marlon Marrache
- Do Cops Need “More” Training?
- Shots Fired Podcast: Savage Training Group’s Eddie Chan
- The Public Duty Doctrine and Its Implications for Police Officers