Communication Strategies for the #HappeningNow World
April 23, 2020
600 10th St.
Modesto, CA 95354
8am - 5pm
Hosted by the Modesto Police Department
We’re excited to announce that we have invited Sergeant Paul Grattan Jr. to share his personal insights and experience during this one-of-a kind law enforcement communications course.
You’ll hear how the nation’s largest police agency deploys Public Information Officers and uses social media to communicate in a crisis. You’ll see real-world examples of communication failures and successes, and take away sound strategies for preparing for and responding to media inquiries and press conferences.
During this course we’ll discuss exactly how to use speed and specific social media strategies to control the message in today’s #HappeningNow world. There are no broad concepts and theories in this course. Instead, you’re going to walk away with practical tools you can immediately plug into your department’s strategies. Training will be centered on:
- The “Message Bases” – In baseball, you’re safe when you’re on base – and the same is true in communications. Whether talking to the press or engaging via social media, if you want to be safe you should always have a base you can move toward, or a base you can retreat to. PIOs and Command Staff who understand this can walk into a press conference with confidence because they always know what to say next.
- Influence Through Communication – You know you need to control the message to avoid an even bigger communications crisis, but you may not realize just how powerful and well-positioned you are in today’s media environment. Come learn how effective your agency’s position as a verifiable source is in impacting the narrative, and learn the specific strategies you can use to influence a story.
- Digital Download – This isn’t a vague training course about social media platforms. You’re going to walk away with the universal denominators that agencies across the nation are employing for effective media communications through latest lessons learned from social media wins and disasters.
- Faster than Now – Today’s communications move FAST. This is a crisis communications crash course that you can use to train your staff and to invest in planning and preparation. You’ll learn the benefits of applying your crisis management resources before one occurs, rather than when you’re in the middle of one.
Your agency is one incident or traffic stop away from being in a full-blown public relations crisis. Don’t miss this opportunity to get a behind the scenes look at how some of our nation’s premier police agencies handle a crisis. This 8-hour course is full of practical tools. We’re thrilled to bring Sgt. Grattan's one-of-a-kind training to the West Coast.
Space is limited so register today.
To register students and request that an invoice be sent for payment, you may request that an invoice be sent to your department instead of registering here and checking out with a credit card.
- Hosted by the Modesto Police Department
- April 23, 2020
- 600 10th St.
- Modesto, CA 95354
- 8am - 5pm
25 in stock