Modern Crisis Negotiations
September 7 - 8, 2023
Mountain View Police Department
1000 Villa St.
Mountain View, CA 94041
8am - 5pm
POST Control Number:#1345-20771 - Plan N/A
Underused and underappreciated, being a police crisis negotiator can often be a thankless position. And when those negotiators seek out good training courses to attend, they are forced to settle for antiquated debriefs or the feeling that the training really didn't apply to them. We believe crisis negotiators deserve better!
That’s why we've created this Modern Crisis Negotiations course, an advanced training course for negotiators like you.
Our instructors are both current Team Leaders on a busy urban team, so they know exactly what works and what doesn’t. They’ll share with you what techniques and equipment they used last week, not 20 years ago!
You’ll see recent body-cam video of actual incidents and work through table-top scenarios all while our expert instructors guide you.
Students Will Learn
- How crisis negotiators can become an indispensable asset to your agency
- How new use force and eavesdropping laws affect negotiators
- How the public duty and special relationships doctrine affect tactical decision-making
- Disengagement and re-engagement plans for barricade incidents
- Modern negotiating techniques including video chat negotiations
- …and much more.
Once you enter the student information below and click "Register", you will be taken to a checkout page where you can pay using a credit card, or you may request that an invoice be sent to your department that can be paid online or by check and sent by mail. Please note that invoices incur a $15.00 non-refundable processing fee.
36 in stock