Practical De-Escalation and Tactical Conduct
February 24 - 25, 2022
Alameda County Sheriff's Office Regional Training Center - Classroom C
6289 Madigan Rd.
Dublin, CA 94568
8am - 5pm
Hosted by the Alameda County Sheriff's Office
POST Control Number:#1345-20811
De-escalation should be more than a training course, it should be a culture. But creating that culture starts with great training. Today’s officers need to know the specific tactics they can use to avoid a violent confrontation. They need a rock-solid understanding of new use of force laws and liability cases so they can make well informed decisions. They deserve a modern, highly-specialized training where the focus is on learning, not checking a box.
There is no more high-liability occupation than being a patrol officer in the year 2022. But in order to make those officers successful, it takes a team of highly trained dispatchers, supervisors and training staff. To be on the same page, your team needs to all be trained the same way. That is why we recommend your team attends the Practical De-Escalation and Tactical Conduct course.
Course Curriculum Includes:
- Specific Ways to Operationalize the Many of the Components of De-Escalation and Use of Force Training as Described in SB230
- The New Use of Force Law: Why CA Police Officers Have Been Criminally Charged
- Tactical Conduct: Pre-Contact Assessments, Incident Coordination and Decision Making
- An analysis of CA POST’s De-Escalation and Use of Force Manuals
- Creating the Conditions for Successful De-Escalation
- Case Studies of De-Escalation Successes and Failures
- Human Performance Factors Affecting Officers and Suspects
- The Public Duty Doctrine: Avoiding the Trap of a False Constraint
To register students and request that an invoice be sent for payment, you may request that an invoice be sent to your department instead of registering here and checking out with a credit card.
- February 24 - 25, 2022
- Alameda County Sheriff's Office Regional Training Center - Classroom C
- 6289 Madigan Rd.
- Dublin, CA 94568
- Hosted by the Alameda County Sheriff's Office
- 8am - 5pm
31 in stock