Critical Incident Response
Learn how to respond to “hot calls” safely, calmly, and methodically.
This course gives law enforcement officers the training they need to respond to critical incidents with confidence.
This course replaces our Response Tactics for Critical Incidents and In-Progress Crimes and Advanced Critical Incident Response courses, and combines all the material from those two courses into one 2-day (16 hour) course.
Imagine how you would feel if no matter what call came over the radio, you instantly knew what to do, what the priority was, and how to automatically bring calm and order to the situation.
This course teaches officers and supervisors how to respond to critical incidents and in-progress crimes in a safe, calm, and methodical manner.
This course will help you become that squared-away, “go-to” officer or supervisor, that others look to for leadership when a crisis occurs.
Through scenarios and debriefs of real events, you’ll learn how to apply easy to understand tactical concepts to resolve any incident.
Course Curriculum includes:
- Critical Incident Decision Making and Leadership
- Practical Incident Command and Scene Control
- Modern De-Escalation Techniques using a Pre-Contact Assessment
- Coordinating a Multi-Officer Response
- Barricaded Suspect Incidents
- Fleeing Suspect Containment and Apprehension
- Coordinating Small and Large Perimeter Operations
- …and much more
Have you ever experienced this frustration when responding to a critical incident or in-progress crime?
- Lack of radio discipline
- Not everybody is on the same page
- Suspect escapes the perimeter
- Lack of control and coordination
- Confusion over liability and how to apply the latest case law
It’s frustrating and there ought to be a better way.
Well, there is a better way! Register for our Critical Incident Response course.
Here are 7 reasons that our students say you need to take this course:
- You can easily become that squared-away officer or supervisor that brings calm to any situation
- Learn tactics for resolving barricades, fleeing suspects, and active shooters
- Learn practical concepts you can literally use during your very next shift
- Perfect for officers/deputies, sergeants and lieutenants
- This gives you a competitive edge to get promoted
- Great for brushing up your skills
- You learn not only how to do things but WHY we do them
Doing It Right
Would you be willing to spend 16 hours of your life to increase your confidence, know you are doing things right and to become that go-to officer or supervisor that everybody else looks to for leadership?
Students Are Saying:
“I was frustrated seeing call after call not handled with the care it needed. I am positive more officers would still be alive right now, including my partner who was killed, had more agencies sent their officers and supervisors to this training.”
– Detective Brian Wilson, Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Department (CA)
“If you want to become a better officer or supervisor, take this course!”
– Deputy A. Pigott, Riverside County Sheriff’s Department (CA)
“After attending, I feel more confident training, teaching and running an in-progress call. The class is super fun and practical!”
— Senior Deputy Tyler Abbott, Ventura County SO (CA)